Aronia is a plant that originates from the North American continent and has once been a very popular food among the Indians. They use the fruits of the aronia and the juice of them for toning and healing. Over the years, the popularity of the plant has gradually declined, but today it is slowly and slowly recovering. It is also known under the name of black-eyed oficina.
The healthy values of aronia and its beneficial qualities makes it a great source of vitamins and antioxidants.The antioxidant ingredients of the fruits are the highest, compared to other berries, and today the aronia can be taken in the form of juice, candy, jam. The wonderful flavor of the jelly juice makes it a great way to plug more fluids into your daily menu.
Aronia contains up to 18% dry matter, fructose and glucose, so it is a good ingredient for diabetes diet. Part of the black oxide content is organic acids, pectin and tanning substances. Aronia has a high content of vitamin P, probably the only fruit in our region with such vitamin content. It is closely related to the absorption of antioxidant vitamin C –and in vitamin P deficiency, vitamin C is poorly absorbed by the body, weakness is developed , rapid fatigue is felt. Aronia also contains vitamins C, K, B1, B2, B5, B9. The content of iodine in the fruits of the plant is 3-4 times greater than that of other fruits.
Aronia has many benefits, some of which are:
1. Tasty source of antioxidants
2. Fights against cardiovascular diseases and maintains high blood pressure in the norm
3. The fruits of the aronia contain iodine and phenolic carbonic acids that treat thyroid diseases
4. Helps urinary tract health
5. Has anti-inflammatory properties
6. Fighting with bacteria and viruses, helping to eliminate flu and colds more quickly
7. Strengthens memory and assists concentration
8. Stimulates digestion and reduces the risk of inferior diseases of the colon
9. Helps the production of the so-called good cholesterol, HDL
10. Provides the body with polyphenols and vitamin P
Aronia has a strong laxative effect due to the natural sorbitol sweetener contained in the fruits . It also contains oxalic acid, which can form crystals in oxalate stones in the kidneys. Aronia juice should be taken gently by people with urinary tract problems and diluted with plenty of water. Oxalic acid reacts with the absorption of calcium and magnesium.
Milk shake with juicy aronia
Check out this delicious and healthy idea for an Aronia drink:
* a cup of milk
* A scoop of honey
* Vanilla extract
* A handful of frozen fruits of aronia or juice
* Two glasses of yogurt
Mix all ingredients with a blender to a homogeneous mass. Pour the mixture into cups and put in the refrigerator for a while. Serve with a little bit of cream.